Here is the first dress I chose to mutilate (and believe me I had to do a lot of mutilating).
What a pretty bridesmaid I would have been in the 80s.
So I loved the fabric on this it is plain and heavy silky black. The main issue though was the big poufy skirt I was left with after I shortened it. I felt a little like a ballerina, don't get me wrong, I like feeling like a ballerina but it just wasn't the time or the place.
So after I ripped the whole skirt off, I cut a bunch of fabric from the width and sewed it back on. Then I did a little work to the sleeves and also took in the sides a little.
And Voila!... (how do you spell that)
Sorry for the picture overload but I am kinda proud of this one. Also sorry for the crappy pictures...someday I will hire a professional photographer.
Let me know what you think!