Welcome!

This is me opening my door to the rest of the world, so you can follow along on my little clothing design project.

And if you learn one thing only from reading my blog, I hope it is this:

Step one:
Remove the shoulder pads.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tropical Delight

No I am not dead... just busy.

But anyways I finally felt inspired to sit down and create something new. I have a trunk full of half started sewing projects, I am ashamed to say. I really need to hire a seamstress because I really just like putting the idea together, the whole sit behind the sewing machine and fight with the needle and tangle the thread thing just frustrates me and I am not near patient enough for it. Which is probably why I start so many projects but never finish them.
Anyways, my aunt gave me a bunch of dresses to redo for my blog. A few things came from my grandma, I am not sure if this dress was one of them or not but actually I LOVED the pattern.

 My taste is not for everyone...

 Of course, the shoulder pads had to go. One of these days I am going to revamp a dress BUT leave the shoulder pads in and see if I can make it work. The ultimate challenge!







And here is the final product!
 Hope you like it, even if you don't its ok because I LOVVVVE IT! : )

2 comments:

  1. I love this Leah!!! This was one of my favorite dresses. Loved the pattern on it. Love what you did with it!! So exciting to see what you made it into. Great work :)
    Aunt Judi

    ReplyDelete