Welcome!

This is me opening my door to the rest of the world, so you can follow along on my little clothing design project.

And if you learn one thing only from reading my blog, I hope it is this:

Step one:
Remove the shoulder pads.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Meg Ryan Inspired

This little number caught my attention on the goodwill rack and instantly reminded me of Meg Ryan early 90s. I don't have a specific movie reference but once you see it you will agree. But when I saw this I thought it was a perfect way to step myself into the romper craze. At first I thought I would sit out the romper phase and let it pass me by; personally I think only about 10% of all rompers worn are successfully pulled off and so far everything I had every tried on looked too dumpy in the rear or just looked awkwardly like pjs. Anyways I am still not completely sold on rompers but here is what I came up with:

Here is the before. I know what you are thinking.... "you paid seven whole dollars for that??"... yes, yes I did. I am not sure if this is supposed to be a cropped pants look or if I am just too tall for it... either way I think we can all agree, AWKWARD.

Ok here is the after:


Much improvement I would say. I learned a lot about hemming a cuff from working on this project and let me tell you my advice, wait until you know a little more about sewing. No up close pics taken on this one for that very reason. It is actually more difficult than the girl in the youtube video makes it look. Anyways, I wore this little ensemble out for an evening pub crawl. It was pretty comfortable minus the loose threads and crooked pants cuff....what can I say, I was in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment