Welcome!

This is me opening my door to the rest of the world, so you can follow along on my little clothing design project.

And if you learn one thing only from reading my blog, I hope it is this:

Step one:
Remove the shoulder pads.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Oh the possibilities...

I was really excited when I found this dress because there are a million different possibilities for it. You may look at it and just think, yuck! Well I understand that it looks a little not-so-appealing and I must admit it smelled even less appealing (more on that later). But I was thankful to the Pentecostal woman who decided to give this dress up and donated to Goodwill so that I may enjoy a few years with it as well, only in different form. 


So here's the thing, this dress smells. It happens to be my favorite but also the smelliest... funny how that works out. So anyways I washed the crap out of this dress with no results so I decided that I am just gonna go with it and hope that no one notices. I have not wore it out yet, but please if you see me out wearing it and you notice that I smell like an old lady...act natural. Your manners are much appreciated, but like I said I washed the crap out of it, so it is definitely clean if that validates anything.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do with this until I was almost done with it. My friend, Josh suggested doing it in two pieces, make a shirt out of the top and a skirt out of the bottom. I liked that idea... I'm not exactly sure why I didn't do that, but anyways I did this instead:




My boyfriend said "I love it!'... and THAT is huge for him to admit. I get the impression he thinks I am off my rocker with this whole dress project thing... he may be right. 
Oh well, for now I am having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment